Low-Carb Instant Pot Cheesy Veggie-Stuffed Meatloaf (keto, grain-free, primal)
Need healthy, low-carb/keto comfort food that’s packed with veggies and perfect for finicky eaters? Even the pickiest eaters will love this Low-Carb Instant Pot Cheesy Veggie-Stuffed Meatloaf! This gluten-free, primal recipe is made fast and easy in your pressure cooker.
Make dinner every night this week in your Instant Pot.
Download our FREE 7-Day Instant Pot Meal Plan with printable shopping list!
When my friend Emily from Recipes to Nourish sent me a review copy of her new cookbook, Low-Carb Cooking with Your Instant Pot, I was SO excited to see all the yummy, veggie-loaded recipes!
Because y’all know I’m a sucker for hiding veggies in all the things!
Furthermore, I’m a lover of low-carb/keto recipes AND my Instant Pot, so this cookbook has my name written all over it. 😉
I let my Instagram audience vote on which recipe I would share from Emily and her husband Rudy’s new cookbook. And, this Low-Carb Instant Pot Cheesy Veggie-Stuffed Meatloaf won!
By a lot. 🙂
First, let’s talk about this amazing cookbook…
Low-Carb Cooking with Your Instant Pot by Emily Sunwell-Vidaurri & Rudy Vidaurri
Maybe one day I’ll co-author a cookbook with my husband (#lifegoals), but until then, I am vicariously living through Emily and her hubby Rudy. They’ve now published TWO cookbooks together! Isn’t that fun?!
Best of all, these recipes are low-carb, gluten-free, and made with REAL foods!
That right there sells it for me because I’ve seen many Instant Pot cookbooks that *aren’t* made with whole foods. Instead, they have “convenience” foods like cream of whatever soup, bouillon cubes, Velveeta cheese, and other garbage foods.
You’ll love this Instant Pot cookbook’s “Comfort Food Without the Carbs” chapter with recipes like:
- Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Healthy Pesto Chicken Alfredo
- High-Fat Artichoke Dip
- Low-Carb Green Bean Casserole
The “Quick Low-Carb Weeknight Meals” chapter will banish the pressure of meal prep! Simply toss the ingredients in your Instant Pot and end up with recipes like:
- Takeout-At-Home Asian Chicken & Broccoli
- Herb-Butter Salmon
- Savory Ranch Chicken
- Hearty Italian-Style Sausage & Sweet Peppers
- Citrus-Herb Game Hen
If it’s casseroles you’re after, you’ll love…
- Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
- Broccoli-Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Casserole
- Southern-Style Cheesy Shrimp Casserole
This cookbook is loaded with mouth-watering, low-carb soup recipes and veggie-licious side dishes, too!
Finally, we come to the “Sweet Indulgences Without the Guilt”!! I love this chapter’s recipes…
- Vibrant Lemon Bundt Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Custard
- Sugar-Free Raspberry Cheesecake
- “Just Like the Real Deal” Chocolate Cake
- Low-Carb Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Macadamia-Chocolate Chip Blondies
Low-Carb Cooking with Your Instant Pot is a full-color, printed, paperback book with drool-worthy photos of each recipe taken by the lovely and talented Emily herself.
OK, are you ready for this delish Instant Pot meatloaf recipe??
I’m not sure I’ve seen a healthier meatloaf recipe than this one.
It is fully loaded with nourishing veggies. Zucchini, carrot, scallions, spinach, celery… the gang’s all here!
Low-Carb Instant Pot Cheesy Veggie-Stuffed Meatloaf
But, meatloaf is notorious for being a turn-off for picky eaters.
So, the secret to getting picky eaters to chow down on this meatloaf?
Grate and chop those veggies really, really small.
Like, you want them to be totally disguised — making those picky eaters think they’re simply eating juicy meat with cheesy goodness!
You’re getting nourishing veggies into your family, and they may be none the wiser. It can be our secret! 😉
If you want to make a full meal out of Emily and Rudy’s cookbook, try side options like Celery Root Mash (page 133) or Garlic-Herb Brussels Sprouts (page 138).
Now, here’s the BEST recipe for Instant Pot Cheesy Veggie-Stuffed Meatloaf!
Low-Carb Instant Pot Cheesy Veggie-Stuffed Meatloaf
Need healthy, low-carb/keto comfort food that's packed with veggies and perfect for finicky eaters? Even the pickiest eaters will love this Low-Carb Instant Pot Cheesy Veggie-Stuffed Meatloaf! This gluten-free, primal recipe is made fast and easy in your pressure cooker.
- 2tablespoonsavocado oilor butter
- 1/2cupmushroomscoursely chopped
- 1smallcarrotpeeled and grated
- 1largerib celeryfinely chopped
- 2scallions (white parts only)finely chopped
- 5ouncesfrozen, chopped spinachthawed and moisture squeezed out
- 1poundground beefcan use turkey or bison, if preferred
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1teaspoondried dill
- 1teaspoondried thyme
- 1/2teaspoononion powder
- 1/2cupfresh Italian parsleyfinely chopped
- 1cupshredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2cupshredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2cupshredded Parmesan cheese
- 1cupfiltered water
Add the avocado oil or butter to the Instant Pot and press Saute. Once heated, add the vegetables and saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press Keep Warm/Cancel.
Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer the cooked vegetables to a large piece of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel. Wrap the veggies up tightly and squeeze out any excess liquid. Set aside.
Place a large piece of foil on a flat surface. Place a large piece of parchment paper on top of the foil. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, cooked and drained veggies, egg, salt, seasonings, and cheeses. Gently mix until combined.
Transfer the mixture to the parchment paper and form it into a meatloaf shape, being mindful of the size of your Instant Pot. The thickest part of the meatloaf should be no more than 3.5 inches (9cm) thick.
Wrap the parchment paper-lined foil around the meatloaf, leaving a small opening at the top.
Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot, then pour in the water. Carefully place the meatloaf packet on top of the trivet. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent.
Press the Manual button and adjust the time to 25 minutes on high pressure.
When it beeps, press Keep Warm/Cancel. Immediately release the pressure. Then open the Instant Pot.
If you like, use a meat thermometer to confirm that the internal temperature of the meatloaf is at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) at the thickest part.
Carefully remove the meatloaf packet from the Instant Pot and gently unwrap it. Transfer the meatloaf to a serving plate and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Then, serve immediately.
If you prefer a sauce on top of your meatloaf, cook the meatloaf topped with 1/2 cup of low-carb ketchup or BBQ sauce
Recipe re-printed with permission from Low-Carb Cooking with Your Instant Pot by Emily Sunwell-Vidaurri and Rudy Vidaurri, Page Street Publishing. 2019. Photo credit: Emily Sunwell-Vidaurri.
Our Most Popular Instant Pot Recipes & Posts
Need more no-fail Instant Pot recipes? How about the best Instant Pot information, troubleshooting, and tips? Here are the most popular Instant Pot recipes and posts here at All The Nourishing Things!
- FREE Download: Real Food Instant Pot Dinners 7-Day Meal Plan
- 6 Instant Pot Meal Preps That’ll Save Your Sanity
- 4 Ways The Instant Pot *Really* Does Save Time (+ 8 tips to account for & speed up pressurizing time)
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (Paleo, Whole30)
- Instant Pot Spinach-Artichoke Meatball Soup (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Dairy-Free Instant Pot Queso
- 6 Best Instant Pot Resources (Real Food Only!)
- I’ve Had My Instant Pot For A Year… and here’s what I think! (An Honest Review Of The Instant Pot)
- How To Cook Wild Rice In The Instant Pot
- No-Fail Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
- No-Fail Instant Pot Soft-Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot No-Peel Applesauce