The BEST Damn Keto Chipotle BBQ Sauce Ever (sugar-free, blender prep, no cooking!)
The BEST Damn Keto Chipotle BBQ Sauce Ever is authentic, sweet, spicy, and smoky. This sugar-free BBQ sauce is made in just 3 minutes with an immersion blender and no cooking! It’s low-carb, Trim Healthy Mama, and keto-friendly!
Unsure about low-carb sweeteners? Download your FREE Guide To Alternative Sweeteners here!
We Texans are pretty particular about a few things… our steaks, our Tex-Mex, and our bar-b-que.
Screw up one of those food groups, and we might not take you up on your next invitation for dinner. (I kid. Sorta.) 😉
I don’t get into the whole Kansas City BBQ vs. Texas BBQ vs. Carolina BBQ. But I also don’t say that all bar-b-que is created equally.
I’ve had some pretty amazing bar-b-que in my lifetime… and some pretty terrible bar-b-que, too.
The 5 S’s of Good BBQ Sauce
In my humble opinion, a damn good bar-b-que sauce should be a party of different tastes on your palate — the 5 S’s of damn good BBQ sauce: sweet, sour, salty, smoky, and spicy.
This recipe ticks all 5 boxes:
- Keto/THM-friendly Dietz Sweet (or your preferred low-carb sweetener) provides essential sweetness.
- Raw apple cider vinegar adds the right amount of tang, along with acidic tomato paste.
- There’s not a ton of salt in this recipe, but it’s just right.
- Smokiness and spice are provided by paprika and chipotle powder. I even think molasses is a tad smoky and tangy, though this is an optional ingredient, depending on how low-carb you want/need to be.
Get the sauce right, and you shouldn’t have to add any other seasonings or even salt the food at the table. Plus, whomever is sitting at your table will most certainly be licking every last drop off their fingers!
The Best Damn Keto Chipotle BBQ Sauce Ever
I’ve spent years perfecting my own BBQ sauce. Living in Minnesota, getting good BBQ (or a good steak or Tex-Mex) is impossible.
Ok, maybe it’s not impossible, but I haven’t found it. Yet.
And even if I did find a restaurant that makes great bar-b-que, I’m pretty positive I’d be getting the sweet/spicy/smoky/salty/sour flavors in the form of tons of sugar or high fructose corn syrup, MSG, weird extracts, and other non-Real Food ingredients.
99% of the time, it tastes better and has better ingredients when I make it myself.
I’m finally ready to share our family BBQ sauce recipe! And because we don’t eat sugar, I’ve made this immersion blender BBQ sauce sugar-free and keto-friendly.
But, I’m not keto/low-carb/THM… Can I use sugar?
Hey, if you’re reading this, I assume you’re an informed adult and can make your own decisions about what you eat or don’t eat. Whether that’s sugar or alcohol or chocolate or coffee or donuts. Don’t let me or any other food blogger tell you what’s right for YOU.
You absolutely can use sugar if that’s what you like! (However, I’d suggest a whole sweetener, such as coconut palm sugar or even maple syrup or raw honey. If you do use a liquid sweetener, omit the 2 tablespoons of water from the recipe.)
This will no longer be a keto/low-carb BBQ sauce if you do use a whole sweetener… but maybe you don’t care about that. Great!
Unsure about low-carb sweeteners? I get it. They’re unfamiliar. That’s why I created a Guide To Alternative Sweeteners (which you can download for FREE right here).
We have chosen to use keto sweeteners for blood sugar stability, gut health, weight loss and maintenance.
- Here’s my DIY blend, Dietz Sweet. Making your own sweetener is way cheaper over buying pre-made blends.
- Grab your FREE Guide To Alternative Sweeteners to learn more.
- Learn the 11 signs of imbalanced blood sugar
No Immersion Blender?
Believe it or not, I use my immersion blender A LOT. It’s perfect for blend-in-the-jar sauces and salad dressings, blended soups, and more.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, I recommend a simple, mid-priced one without lots of attachments or extra jars. Just a simple stick blender works great for salad dressings, soups, and yep, this Keto Chipotle BBQ Sauce. (This one is very similar to mine and a similar price point.)
If you still don’t want to splurge on an immersion blender, you can still make the BEST Damn Keto BBQ Sauce Ever! 🙂
Simply whisk all the ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and there are no lumps of spices or tomato paste. You’ll use more dishes this way, but you can definitely make this sauce with or without an immersion blender!
If you DO have an immersion blender, you’re going to love this quick, no-cook, prep-right-in-a-jar method!
Now, let’s make the BEST, quickest, and easiest sugar-free keto BBQ sauce!
The BEST Damn Keto Chipotle BBQ Sauce Ever
The BEST Damn Keto Chipotle BBQ Sauce Ever is authentic, sweet, spicy, and smoky. This sugar-free BBQ sauce is made in just 3 minutes with an immersion blender and no cooking! It's low-carb, Trim Healthy Mama, and keto-friendly!
- 1 6 oz. can organic BPA-free tomato paste
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Dietz Sweet (or your favorite low-carb sweetener)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons molasses (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine the ingredients in the order listed in a wide-mouth Mason jar.
- Use an immersion blender right in the jar to blend everything together until smooth.
- If a thinner sauce is desired, add 1 to 2 tablespoons more water.
- Serve and store right from your mixing jar!
Do you make your own BBQ sauce? Do you prefer a sweet, spicy, smoky, or tangy BBQ?
What are they? Are they safe? Are they healthy? Which one is best? Give me your e-mail address, and I'll send my Guide To Alternative Sweeteners to you for FREE!