6 Best Instant Pot Resources (Real Food Only!)
You’ve got an Instant Pot… and kitchen life as you know it is about to drastically change! But maybe you don’t know where to start? How to clean and care for your Instant Pot? What recipes actually work? When the user’s manual isn’t enough, try my top 6 best and favorite Instant Pot resources for Real Food eaters!
So you’ve finally got an Instant Pot…
Kitchen life as you know it is about to change… drastically.
You probably purchased your Instant Pot after 89 of your friends raved about it. Or maybe you bought it because every pin on Pinterest now has something to do with the Instant Pot and you felt like you were missing out. (Pst! You’ve been missing out!)
Either way, you’ve got the thing — and the big question is… how to use it? Naturally, you’d turn to the user’s manual. Except…
The Instant Pot User’s Manual
I have some issues with the IP user’s manual, which I explain in more detail in my honest review of the Instant Pot. However, if you don’t feel like clicking over to read the entire post (it’s long and quite detailed), allow me to summarize my beef with the IP user’s manual:
- When I first opened it, all I saw was Chinese. Because it’s printed in several languages. Not a big deal, just slightly confusing at first.
- Not many recipes.
- Most of the recipes are Asian and contain some strange ingredients. It’s obvious that the manual was written for culturally Asian folks who are used to eating traditional Asian foods. If that’s your thing, you’ll adore the user’s manual.
- There are zero instructions for how to cook soaked and sprouted things (like rice, beans, and quinoa). So the user’s manual is not traditional cooking-friendly. At all.
- I felt like the manual made things more complicated than they really are.
- Personally, I learn by doing, not by reading how to do something. The best way for me to learn how to use my IP was to just start using it — with some tried-and-true recipes.
And that’s how I’ve come to compile this small but very helpful list of my favorite and what I believe are the best Instant Pot resources!
My Favorite & Best Instant Pot Resources With Real Food Only
Before we jump in, let me tell you how I narrowed it down to these resources. After all, there are a bazillion Instant Pot recipes on Pinterest, and the number of Instant Pot and pressure cooking cookbooks is rapidly rising on Amazon. So, why not just point you to my favorite Pinterest recipes?
Well, this is a Real Food site that’s also dedicated to simplicity. Y’all know my motto, right?
I don’t do complicated.
The top 2 reasons people give for not switching to Real Food are:
- It costs too much.
- They don’t have time “for all that”.
Therefore, one of my life’s goals is to prove that preparing whole foods from scratch doesn’t have to take forever, cost a ton, or be complicated.
So in compiling this list of my favorite and best Instant Pot resources, there were some criteria:
- I wanted to provide you with information: how to use your Instant Pot, what the different settings do, etc.
- Variety. Making broth and cooking a whole chicken are EASY to find on Pinterest. But baking bread or a cake? Steaming crab? Cooking soaked or sprouted beans or rice? Using the Instant Pot for 1-pot meals? That’s the stuff you really need!
- Beautiful. We eat with our eyes first. How many times have you pinned, much less made, a recipe with a crappy photo? Almost never, right? Resources with appealing images would entice you to jump in and use that IP right away!
- Trusted and tested. I promise I’ll never recommend something that I haven’t tested myself. I want you to succeed in cooking nourishing, simple Real Food. So I won’t just throw a resource at you unless I’ve tested it and I trust it.
Now that you know where I’m coming from, here are my most favorite and very best Instant Pot resources!
#1 — Traditional Cooking School‘s Freebies
Without a doubt, my friend Wardee is rocking the Instant Pot scene. And I know this personally because I’ve been working with her for nearly 4 years! (Gosh, has it been that long???)
I’m quite partial to these freebies because I’ve helped Wardee with almost all of them… so I can honestly say from experience that these posts and recipes are invaluable, practical, and oh-so-helpful!
The freebies at TCS are some of the best Instant Pot resources you’ll find anywhere. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sourdough Cornbread
- Rice Pudding
- Perfect Soaked Rice
- Raw Milk Yogurt — this is the yogurt recipe I make for my family!
- The Best Sweet Potato Casserole Ever — this is my family’s favorite sweet potato casserole recipe!
- 12 Real Food Instant Pot Desserts eBook
- 101 Amazing, Easy, & Healthy Pressure Cooker Recipes
- 11 Surprising Things You Can Make In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cough Syrup (That’s right, it’s not just for food!)
- Which Instant Pot Is Best For My Family? (How to know which size Instant Pot you need.)
- How To Reheat Food In The Instant Pot
- So Your Instant Pot Is Still In The Box…
Not only does she have tons more free IP recipes and posts, she also offers 2 pressure cooking eCourses and eBooks! Plus, it’s allllll Real Food!
With a Traditional Cooking School membership, you get access to both Pressure Cooking eCourses, plus the other 10 eCourses she offers, access to a members-only Facebook group, monthly bonus videos, and weekly traditional foods meal plans!
- how to use your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker — even outdoors!
- how to clean and care for your Instant Pot
- safety and storage for frustration-free cooking
- recipes, recipes, recipes!
- high quality videos in each lesson
People loved Pressure Cooking I so much that Wardee created Pressure Cooking II!
- With MORE tried-and-true recipes
- how to convert slow cooker recipes to the Instant Pot
- using accessories, bundt pans, trivets, stackable pans, glass bowls and more to expand your Instant Pot’s uses
If you need someone to hold your hand, like a trusted friend, and walk you through using your Instant Pot with real, traditional foods, TCS’s Pressure Cooking eCourses are simply the BEST Instant Pot resources out there!
If you don’t want to commit to a membership, but still want most of the advantages of the Pressure Cooking eCourses, this package (a $64 value) is the next best thing. You still get 5 videos, plus the eBook. In this amazing resource, you’ll learn:
- why pressure cooking is a healthy choice in a Real Food kitchen
- how to be safe so food doesn’t explode all over your kitchen
- how to save time cooking things you’re already making anyway (like bone broth, rice, beans, etc.)
- to use your IP to make breakfast, main dishes, dessert, and even bread
- techniques (like stacking and the foil sling) that expand the IP’s uses
- delicious recipes that actually work!
- Discounted to $20 for the whole thing!
I love, love, love this cookbook!
If soaked beans, sprouted quinoa, and sourdough bread aren’t your thing and you need to follow a grain-free, dairy-free, Paleo diet, this is THE book for you!
Let’s be clear about something — the photography in this book is gor.geous. You can hold it in your hand and flip pages and drool to your heart’s content. (Flipping through cookbooks is one of my favorite things ever.)
So, if you can peel yourself off the couch and actually make something out of Paleo Cooking With Your Instant Pot, prepare to be amazed.
Breakfast, snacks, sauces, hot drinks, side dishes, soups… it’s all here. Furthermore, it’s all Paleo.
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings, p. 39
- Southern Shrimp Chowder, p. 98
- Caulifredo Sauce, p. 109
- Lemon Custard, p. 157
- Chocolate Pots de Creme, p. 158
“A pressure cooker is a busy family’s secret weapon,” says Dr. Karen S. Lee, author of Easy Paleo Instant Pot Recipes… and I couldn’t agree more!
This is a fabulous eBook of nutritious pressure cooker recipes for busy families! This eBook provides:
- 43 Real Food, Paleo recipes from scratch with no junk or fillers
- solutions for busy families to get nutritious food on the table
- cooking time charts
- an immediate download — no waiting!
- beautiful photos
- family-style meals and comfort foods in a hurry — like Rice Porridge, Korean Spicy Chicken, Seafood Paella, Stuffed Artichokes, and more
- a $14.99 value for just $9.99!
#6 — My Instant Pot Recipes
Of course, I couldn’t leave myself out of the mix! 😉
I’m constantly working on more and better Instant Pot recipes. Once again, I don’t do complicated. None of my recipes are hard or even very expensive.
Our Most Popular Instant Pot Recipes & Posts
Need more no-fail Instant Pot recipes? How about the best Instant Pot information, troubleshooting, and tips? Here are the most popular Instant Pot recipes and posts here at All The Nourishing Things!
- FREE Download: Real Food Instant Pot Dinners 7-Day Meal Plan
- 5 Things You Can Make In Your Instant Pot TODAY To Save Time All Week
- 4 Ways The Instant Pot *Really* Does Save Time (+ 8 tips to account for & speed up pressurizing time)
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (Paleo, Whole30)
- Instant Pot Spinach-Artichoke Meatball Soup (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Dairy-Free Instant Pot Queso
- 6 Best Instant Pot Resources (Real Food Only!)
- I’ve Had My Instant Pot For A Year… and here’s what I think! (An Honest Review Of The Instant Pot)
- How To Cook Wild Rice In The Instant Pot
Well, there you have it! The 6 best Instant Pot resources, in my opinion! Hopefully, you found one ore more of them helpful as you learn how to use your Instant Pot!
Do you love your Instant Pot? What are your favorite resources? Please share!
Updated on 05.02.2018
7 dinners, 2 desserts, prep steps, & printable shopping list...
All Real Food, all in your Instant Pot!