Instant Pot No-Peel Applesauce (Whole30, paleo, vegan)
Got an abundance of apples? Turn them into this easy Instant Pot No-Peel Applesauce! No need to peel your apples because the peels are cooked perfectly in the Instant Pot, then blended totally smooth. Yet, the extra fiber, minerals, and vitamins in the peels remain. This no peeling necessary applesauce takes just 4 minutes and is Whole30, paleo, and vegan.
Need help planning dinner this week? Grab this FREE download: Real Food Instant Pot Dinners 7-Day Meal Plan!
Walk out my front door and go west about 50 yards until you’re standing under a small grove of trees.
Stop and close your eyes.
Then, take a deep breath.
As you inhale, your nostrils will be filled with the sweet scent of the apples above your head. And, when the breeze blows just right, that juicy smell sometimes finds its way into my open windows, permeating my house with its goodness.
It doesn’t last long — autumn’s apple-y scent — but it beckons me to inhale deeply and inspires me to get in my kitchen to make all the apple things…
When one has an abundance of apples — especially the imperfect apples that fall from my trees — applesauce is the logical thing to make!
Apples + Water = Applesauce, Pure & Simple
The recipe for this Instant Pot No-Peel Applesauce is almost too simple to be a recipe.
I mean, it’s just apples and a little bit of water. No lemon juice, no cinnamon or spices, no sweeteners of any sort (more on that below).
Doesn’t get much more basic than that, does it? 🙂
When your apples smell and taste as sweet as these, there’s no need for anything else. The food is beautiful and flavorful enough to stand on its own!
Applesauce is an easy-peasy thing to make. You can do it on the stovetop, but that requires a bit of babysitting and stirring.
So, I use my Instant Pot to save time and to free up my hands for other things (like going back outside to pick more apples!). 😉
Another way I cut corners and save time?
Not peeling my apples. (Call me lazy, but hey, work smarter, not harder, am I right?)
Hence, No-Peel Applesauce!
How To Make Instant Pot No-Peel Applesauce
All you need are apples and water!
The process for No-Peel Applesauce in your electric pressure cooker is suuuuuuuuper easy:
- Cut up apples, composting the core and seeds.
- Put them in your Instant Pot.
- Add water and cook.
- Finally, blend until smooth.
When you leave the peels on, not only do you save yourself a lot of time (because peeling 5 pounds of apples takes for-e-ver), you also gain the nutrition of the peel and a lovely pink-ish color to your applesauce, if using sweet, red apples.
Benefits Of Apple Peels
More fiber. There’s more than double the amount of fiber in an apple with the peel versus a peeled apple! And it’s a source of both soluble and insoluble fiber.
More vitamins. Namely Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
Quercetin. This antioxidant is beneficial for the lungs and brain health, protecting against symptoms of asthma and Alzheimer’s.
Healthy weight loss/maintenance. Apple peels are high in ursolic acid, an obesity-fighting compound that helps to increase muscle and brown fat to help in burning calories and weight loss.
High in minerals. Apple peels are rich in calcium, zinc, magnesium, and iron.
Triterpenoids. Apple peels are rich in this cancer-fighting compound that effectively reduces the risks of colon, breast, and liver cancers.
Want Smooth No-Peel Applesauce?
The Instant Pot cooks the peels perfectly in 4 minutes…
But, you’re still going to have small bits of peel in your Instant Pot applesauce until you blend them completely.
Sure, you can use a regular blender or an immersion blender to puree your applesauce right in the Instant Pot. However, if your goal is a totally smooth applesauce with no traces of peel, then a high-speed blender is really the only way.
Need Extra Sweetness?
The apples I used for this no-peel applesauce recipe were super-duper sweet, perfect on their own!
However, if you’re using tart apples and need to add some sweetness to your applesauce, you can certainly do that.
Follow the instructions for cooking the applesauce in the Instant Pot first. Then, after you’ve blended it to the perfect smoothness, taste and add a bit of stevia, raw honey, or maple syrup, to taste.
Now, let’s get down to business and turn all those fall apples into something amazing!
Instant Pot No-Peel Applesauce (Whole30, paleo, vegan)
Got an abundance of apples? Turn them into this easy Instant Pot No-Peel Applesauce! No need to peel your apples because the peels are cooked perfectly in the Instant Pot, then blended totally smooth. Yet, the extra fiber, minerals, and vitamins in the peels remain.
- 5 pounds organic apples (cored but not peeled)
- 3/4 cup water
- stevia (raw honey, or maple syrup (optional))
- Cut the apple away from the core. Leave them in large chunks to save time and effort.
- Put the apples in the stainless steel insert of your Instant Pot.
- Add water.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and seal the vent.
- Press the "Manual" button and adjust the time to 4 minutes on high pressure.
- When the pot beeps, immediately release pressure.
- Transfer to a high-speed blender and blend on medium speed for 60 to 90 seconds or until totally smooth. You may wait until the apples have cooled before blending, if you prefer.
- Taste your applesauce. Depending on the variety, it may be sweet enough or you might like to add stevia, raw honey, or maple syrup to taste.
- Store in glass jars in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Or, you may also can this applesauce to use later.
Our Most Popular Real Food Instant Pot Recipes & Posts
Need more no-fail Instant Pot recipes? How about the best Instant Pot information, troubleshooting, and tips? Here are the most popular Instant Pot recipes and posts here at All The Nourishing Things!
- FREE Download: Real Food Instant Pot Dinners 7-Day Meal Plan
- 5 Things You Can Make In Your Instant Pot TODAY To Save Time All Week
- 4 Ways The Instant Pot *Really* Does Save Time (+ 8 tips to account for & speed up pressurizing time)
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (Paleo, Whole30)
- Dairy-Free Instant Pot Queso
- 6 Best Instant Pot Resources (Real Food Only!)
- I’ve Had My Instant Pot For A Year… and here’s what I think! (An Honest Review Of The Instant Pot)
- How To Cook Wild Rice In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cauli-tatoes
- 50+ Nourishing Keto Instant Pot Dinner Recipes (with Whole30 & dairy-free options!)
How do you make applesauce — with or without the peels?
7 dinners, 2 desserts, prep steps, & printable shopping list...
All Real Food, all in your Instant Pot!