Keto Instant Pot Caulitatoes (2 minutes, paleo/primal, Whole30)
These creamy, silky paleo/primal, Whole30, keto Instant Pot Caulitatoes take 2 minutes in your pressure cooker and are the perfect nourishing comfort food or side dish for low-carb, keto, and Trim Healthy Mama lifestyles!
Want to use your Instant Pot for dinner every night this week?
Download our FREE 7-Day Instant Pot Dinners Meal Plan!
Mashed potatoes conjure up warm and fuzzy memories of my childhood — licking the beaters clean after Mom mashed our potatoes, always taste-testing and deciding that the potatoes never had enough butter.
If we were super lucky, there were leftover mashed potatoes, and my Mom would mix in a bit of flour and egg and fry them up as potato cakes.
I love how food brings up so many emotions and memories!
And, although I believed mashed potatoes are an absolutely healthy and nourishing food, I get it…
Maybe you don’t tolerate nightshades? Or, you’re following a keto, low-carb, or Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle and seriously need to limit your carbs?
Buttery mashed potatoes don’t exactly fit in anymore, do they?
By the way, I am NOT going to tell you that you shouldn’t eat potatoes… I still eat potatoes! I still LOVE potatoes!
But now, I also LOVE cauliflower. And, I love cauliflower prepared exactly this way. 😉
From Mashed Potatoes To Caulitatoes
I was one of the pickiest kids imaginable growing up. I honestly don’t know how my mother put up with me for so long. The fact that I was 25 before I would touch broccoli is still somewhat of a shock to me. (I missed out on roasted broccoli with lemon juice for 25 years?!?!)
But mashed potatoes? Those were a “safe” food for me.
The day I discovered that cauliflower could be steamed and blended into a food that closely resembled mashed potatoes was a sweet, sweet day. (Albeit, I was definitely skeptical from the time I chopped up the cauliflower to the moment those velvet-y cauli-tatoes touched my lips.)
I made cauli-tatoes on my stove, using a pot and a colander for years and years. I even posted a recipe at Traditional Cooking School for my No-Fail Caulitatoes that has since gotten hundreds of thousands of pageviews, pins, shares on Facebook, and lots of comments!
Those No-Fail Caulitatoes are already super simple! You literally steam cauliflower until it’s soft, then add it to a blender with some butter and garlic powder and salt, blend, and you’re good to go.
Really, they’re that easy.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, and still want to make these low-carb/keto cauli-tatoes, then my No-Fail Caulitatoes recipe is your next click!
Keto Instant Pot Caulitatoes
And now? I’ve simplified the process even more, if you can believe it.
Here’s why I think this method is better, faster, and easier than making caulitatoes on the stove:
- Hello, 2-minute cook time! My original cauli-tatoes recipe took about 12 minutes on the stove, plus time for the water to boil. Instant Pot Cauli-tatoes take just 2 minutes to cook once the IP comes to pressure.
- No checking the cauliflower. In my original recipe, I had to periodically check the cauliflower so I could remove it from the heat as soon as it was fork-tender. With my Instant Pot, there’s no babysitting!
- Blend right in the Instant Pot! In my original recipe, the cauliflower has to be transferred from the steamer basket or colander to a blender. With these Instant Pot Cauli-tatoes, you can use an immersion blender to puree these to the perfect, creamy consistency without dirtying more dishes. Of course, if you prefer to blend in a blender, that’s fine, too.
So, when you’re keto/low-carb/THM, and you need some comfort food… these creamy, silky keto Instant Pot Cauli-tatoes are where it’s at.
Let me show you how easy it is!
Keto Instant Pot Caulitatoes (paleo, primal, Whole30)
These creamy, silky paleo/primal, Whole30, keto Instant Pot Cauli-tatoes take 2 minutes in your pressure cooker and are the perfect nourishing comfort food or side dish for low-carb, keto, and Trim Healthy Mama lifestyles!
- Add the cauliflower florets and water to the stainless steel insert of your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the pot and seal the vent.
- Press the "Manual" button and adjust the time to 2 minutes on high pressure.
- When the pot beeps, immediately release the pressure.
- Add butter, salt, garlic powder, and pepper to the pot.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Leftovers can be added to a blended soup!
Our Most Popular Real Food Instant Pot Recipes & Posts
Need more no-fail Instant Pot recipes? How about the best Instant Pot information, troubleshooting, and tips? Here are the most popular Instant Pot recipes and posts here at All The Nourishing Things!
- FREE Download: Real Food Instant Pot Dinners 7-Day Meal Plan
- 5 Things You Can Make In Your Instant Pot TODAY To Save Time All Week
- 4 Ways The Instant Pot *Really* Does Save Time (+ 8 tips to account for & speed up pressurizing time)
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (Paleo, Whole30)
- Dairy-Free Instant Pot Queso
- 6 Best Instant Pot Resources (Real Food Only!)
- I’ve Had My Instant Pot For A Year… and here’s what I think! (An Honest Review Of The Instant Pot)
- How To Cook Wild Rice In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream + 5 Genius Ways To Use It
- 50+ Nourishing Keto Instant Pot Dinner Recipes (with Whole30 & dairy-free options!)
Do you like caulitatoes as a mashed potato substitute? Have you make them in your Instant Pot?
7 dinners, 2 desserts, prep steps, & printable shopping list...
All Real Food, all in your Instant Pot!