Instant Pot Cauliflower “Cream” + 5 Genius Ways To Use It! (dairy-free, keto, paleo, GAPS, Whole30)
Dairy-free Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream opens up exciting possibilities for your paleo, GAPS, Whole30, and keto cooking! Replace heavy cream, thick coconut milk, and nut milks with this low-carb, grain-free “cream” that works in savory and sweet recipes like soups, casseroles, and even brownies!
Love Instant Pot cooking? Download your FREE 7-day Real Food Instant Pot Meal Plan here!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream… doesn’t sound too exciting, does it?
Except this dairy-free cream opens up a whole world of possibilities in your cooking!
The Possibilities Are Endless With Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream
Need to be dairy-free due to an allergy, sensitivity, or intolerance? Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream!
How to add that thick creaminess to recipes without heavy cream? Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream!
Thicken soups and more without using high-carb arrowroot or corn starch to make slurries? Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream!
This is one ingredient swap that will not only add extra veggies and fiber to your meals, it’s also super nourishing and easy on the budget, too! (Learn about quick ingredient swaps you can make to instantly add nutrition to your life!)
But wait… it’s CAULIFLOWER!
I know, cauli-haters… this seems scary, doesn’t it? I mean, you didn’t like it when your mother pulled the wool over your eyes and put hidden vegetables in your favorite foods, right?
Except cauliflower is the PERFECT choice for a Whole30, Paleo, Keto, and dairy-free cream! Really, y’all. I’ve tried them all, and nothing works as well as simple blended up cauliflower. 🙂
And here’s why:
- Cauliflower is über low-carb with just under 3 grams of net carbs per cup of uncooked cauliflower!
- Cauliflower has a relatively neutral taste. It’s true… pressure cooked and blended, cauliflower cream blends beautifully in soups, sauces, and even brownies without a hint of cruciferous flavor.
- Obviously, it’s dairy-free! And Whole30 and paleo and GAPS-friendly… unlike heavy cream.
- It’s grain-free and gluten-free.
- Nut-free and coconut-free! If canned coconut milk or thicker homemade nut milks are out for you, this Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream is gonna rock your world.
- Cauliflower is budget-friendly! Per ounce, it’s cheaper than grass-fed cream and milk and canned coconut milk.
- Hello… anyone else need creative ways to sneak extra veggies into their kids?!
5 Genius Ways To Use Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream
#1 — Add thickness and creaminess to soups without slurries or heavy cream or canned coconut milk.
- Low-Carb Keto Instant Pot Clam Chowder
- Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Chowder
- Instant Pot Spinach-Artichoke Meatball Soup
- Low-Carb Zuppa Toscana
#2 — Use cauliflower cream in place of applesauce, mashed banana, or pumpkin in baking.
#3 — Make a dairy-free cheese sauce — like this Dairy-Free Instant Pot Queso!
#4 — Use it as the base for any blended soup or to add thickness to blended soups.
#5 — Use cauliflower cream as a gravy or thick sauce.
- Blend in a bit of extra fat and some fresh herbs or spices to create a quick, creamy gravy or sauce for meatballs, veggies, and more!
- See how I added jalapeno and made a delish dairy-free enchilada sauce for these Keto Shrimp & Greens Enchiladas!
Is This The Same As Cauli-tatoes?
Nope! Not at all!
Granted, this cauliflower cream is thicker than canned coconut milk or heavy cream — but if you’re going to make out-of-this-world faux-tatoes (aka cauliflower mashed potatoes), fat and salt and pepper are requirements.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream is simply water + cauliflower blended together to create a cream-like consistency.
Save Time! Make Cauliflower Cream In Advance!
Know you’ll be feeding a creamy soup to a crowd this week? Or, are you making my BEST Fudgy Keto Brownies With A Secret tomorrow?
What about in your own meal planning and prepping?
Make Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream up to 2 days in advance and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. This will save you time later and allows you to “skip a step” on the day you make your recipe!
You can even double or triple the recipe so you have plenty to use in sweet and/or savory dishes all week!
Store your cauliflower cream in an glass container with lid (like these) to keep it as fresh as possible when adding to your recipes!
Finally, although I haven’t tried it myself, I don’t see why you couldn’t freeze cauliflower cream, too!
Don’t Have An Instant Pot?
If you don’t have an IP, YES, you can still make this dairy-free cream.
The ingredients are the same; however you’ll cook yours on the stovetop.
Place the cauliflower and water in a saucepan on the stove. Cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower florets are fork tender.
If you do have an Instant Pot, though, you’re in luck because you’ll be making your cauliflower cream in less time and with no watching a pot at all! You can use any size IP you have: the 3-quart, the 6-quart, or the 8-quart.
Let’s get started!
Instant Pot Cauliflower "Cream" (dairy-free, paleo, Whole30, keto)
Dairy-free Instant Pot Cauliflower Cream opens up exciting possibilities for your paleo, GAPS, Whole30, and keto cooking! Replace heavy cream, thick coconut milk, and nut milks with this low-carb, grain-free "cream" that works in savory and sweet recipes like soups, casseroles, and even brownies!
- 16ouncescauliflower floretsfresh or frozen
- Add the cauliflower florets and water to the stainless steel insert of your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the vent.
- Press the "Manual" button and adjust the time to 2 minutes on high pressure.
- When it beeps, immediately release the pressure.
- Use right away or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Our Most Popular Real Food Instant Pot Recipes & Posts
Need more no-fail Instant Pot recipes? How about the best Instant Pot information, troubleshooting, and tips? Here are the most popular Instant Pot recipes and posts here at All The Nourishing Things!
- FREE Download: Real Food Instant Pot Dinners 7-Day Meal Plan
- 6 Instant Pot Meal Preps That’ll Save Your Sanity
- 4 Ways The Instant Pot *Really* Does Save Time (+ 8 tips to account for & speed up pressurizing time)
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala (Paleo, Whole30)
- Dairy-Free Instant Pot Queso
- 6 Best Instant Pot Resources (Real Food Only!)
- I’ve Had My Instant Pot For A Year… and here’s what I think! (An Honest Review Of The Instant Pot)
- How To Cook Wild Rice In The Instant Pot
- 50+ Nourishing Keto Instant Pot Dinner Recipes (with Whole30 & dairy-free options!)
- Instant Pot Cilantro Meatballs
- Instant Pot No-Peel Applesauce (Whole30, paleo, vegan)