Old-Fashioned Keto Root Beer Float (dairy-free, paleo, vegan)
This Old-Fashioned Keto Root Beer Float is so easy, and with a 4-ingredient, dairy-free vanilla ice cream, it’s perfect for everyone to enjoy at parties, picnics, cookouts, and BBQs all summer long! If you’ve been missing the nostalgia of a root beer float, bring back some happy summer memories with a sugar-free Keto Root Beer Float!
Are you missing a creamy, cold, old-fashioned root beer float?
Really, how long has it been?
If your last root beer float memory involves you as a middle schooler wearing your Lip Smacker’s cherry chapstick while at a family reunion/cookout, then friend, IT’S BEEN TOO LONG.
When I was looking up recipes for a keto root beer float, I was shocked to find all the recipes were made with heavy cream, NOT ice cream! What the …??? Since when are root beer floats NOT made with ice cream??
I mean, what’s going to “float” if not ice cream?
I feel like people are being led astray if they think pouring some heavy cream into root beer = root beer float. So, let’s make the REAL thing, shall we?
Old-Fashioned Keto Root Beer Float
This Keto Root Beer Float is guaranteed to take you back to hot summers, flip flops, pool days, family reunions, biking around the neighborhood with your friends. It’s a yummy, nostalgic treat… without the ingredients that are probably the reason you’re avoiding root beer floats in the first place!
It’s an old-fashioned Keto Root Beer float served up in a frosty mug with a 4-ingredient, dairy-free vanilla ice cream to boot! Perfect for summer parties of all sorts — cookouts, picnics, bar-b-ques, family reunions, 4th of July celebrating!
Really, you can just pack up all your other summer dessert recipes because this is the only one you’ll need. 😉
Old-Fashioned Keto Root Beer Float
Author Lindsey Dietz
Yield 1 float
This Old-Fashioned Keto Root Beer Float is so easy, and with a 4-ingredient, dairy-free vanilla ice cream, it's perfect for everyone to enjoy at parties, picnics, cookouts, and BBQs all summer long! If you've been missing the nostalgia of a root beer float, bring back some happy summer memories with a sugar-free Keto Root Beer Float!
Place glass mugs (or Mason jars) in your freezer about 5 minutes before you'd like to serve your Keto Root Beer Floats.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop desired amount of ice cream into frosted mugs.
Pour root beer over the ice cream.
Add a straw, use a spoon, and enjoy!
Courses Dessert, Snack
4-Ingredient Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream
Let’s talk about that 4-ingredient, dairy-free vanilla ice cream, shall we?
I mean, if you have to make your own ice cream for your root beer floats, it’s gotta be super easy and super delicious, right?
So, here’s what you need:
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (I used this brand.)
- 1/4 cup Dietz Sweet (for keto) or your preferred whole sweetener, such as coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons 80 proof vodka (optional, but helps it not freeze like a rock)
Simply combine everything in your blender or a mixing bowl and mix well. Then, pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and make according to the manufacturer’s directions.
I love, love, LOVE my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker!!! It’s seriously the best.
Very minimal clean-up, not a lot of parts and pieces, no salt, and it’s not noisy. So, getcha one, ok?
Speaking Of Sugar-Free/Keto Desserts…
My eBook Sweet Without Sugar is full of ’em! 🙂
Have you had to break up with sugar (and whole sweeteners) due to blood sugar imbalance, gut issues like candida, weight problems, or food allergies? Or, you know it’s time to end your love affair with sugar but the thought of going without sweets is killing you?
You love dessert…
But unfortunately, dessert doesn’t love you back. 🙁
- eating dessert no longer has to feel like a guilty pleasure?
- dessert isn’t just grain-free or gluten-free but totally sugar-free as well?
- dessert was a healthy part of a nourishing diet?
- you ate cheesecake, cookies, cobbler, pie, and more without upsetting your tummy?
- dessert didn’t spike your blood sugar or cause you to gain 5 pounds overnight?
- the sweets you eat didn’t contribute to gut dysbiosis?
Now, it IS possible!
As if making nourishing treats without sugar (or even maple syrup or honey) wasn’t enough, I wanted to make every bite count for nutrition, too. That’s why ingredients like pastured eggs, butter, cultured cream cheese, coconut oil, and Fair Trade cacao abound in recipes such as…
- Memaw’s Chocolate Pie
- Orange & Dark Chocolate Milano Tart
- Thin Mint Tart
- Chocolate Curd
- Orange-Vanilla Cake
- Cherry Ripple Cheesecake
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Strawberry-Lemon Swiss Roll
- No-Peanut Butter Cookies
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream
- …and SO many more!
More Keto-Friendly Desserts You’ll Love…
- Probiotic Pomegranate & Clementine Cheesecake (no-bake!)
- Paleo White Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- Grain-Free Maple Carrot Cake (with cultured maple cream cheese frosting)
- Stevia-Sweetened Watermelon Mint Sorbet
- Low-Carb Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Keto Raspberry Lemon Popsicles
Do root beer floats bring back any nostalgic summer memories for you? Will you try this sugar-free root beer float?
What are they? Are they safe? Are they healthy? Which one is best? Give me your e-mail address, and I'll send my Guide To Alternative Sweeteners to you for FREE!