Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs (paleo, keto, Whole30)
These paleo, keto, & Whole30 Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs are an easy way to get a healthy Tex-Mex fix! They’re budget-friendly and perfect for meal prep or the freezer. Serving options included!
Let me plan dinner for you this week!
Download my FREE 7-Day Instant Pot Meal Plan!
Is it time for a healthy Tex-Mex fix??
You bet it is!
I took the pain of rolling enchiladas away and created some easy, hearty Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs!
You get all the flavor of beef enchiladas with homemade enchilada sauce with no stuffing, no rolling, and no baking.
My Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs are suuuuuuuper healthy, too!
Need to be dairy-free? Check.
Trying to eat keto or low-carb? Gotcha covered.
Following a paleo lifestyle or in the middle of your Whole30? No problem!
Yes, you absolutely can enjoy the flavors of Tex-Mex with the ease of your Instant Pot. Lemme tell ya… turning enchiladas into meatballs is where it’s at! (Try my Instant Pot Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Meatballs, too!)
You have all the options with these yummy enchilada meatballs. Below are some serving options so you can make a complete meal out of these Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs and STILL stay grain-free, paleo, keto, Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free… whatever you need!
This Instant Pot recipe is perfect for meal prep, budget-friendly eating, and will even freeze for later.
Here’s What You Need for Perfect Paleo, Keto, Whole-Friendly Enchilada Meatballs
- grass-fed ground beef
- deep, smokey, spicy Tex-Mex seasonings like chili powder, cumin, and chipotle powder
- tomato paste
- arrowroot (to thicken)
- an Instant Pot (don’t have one yet?? What are you waiting for? I have 2 and LOVE them!)
- 1-tablespoon cookie dough scoop — not required, but you’ll crank out meatballs twice as fast
How to Make Paleo, Whole30, & Keto Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs
It’s so easy and even fast to make these paleo, Whole30, and keto Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs!
First, you’ll combine grass-fed ground beef with some spices, mix well, and use a tablespoon-size cookie dough scoop to form meatballs.
Cook those in your Instant Pot with some water or bone broth. When the meatballs are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a separate bowl, but leave that cooking liquid in the pot! It’s full of amazing flavor and is the base of your Paleo & Keto Enchilada Sauce!
To make this Whole30-friendly enchilada sauce, start with that cooking liquid in the pot. Press the “Saute” button and bring it to a simmer.
Next, combine water and arrowroot flour to make a slurry. When your cooking liquid is simmering, add some seasonings and a 6-ounce can of tomato paste. Whisk all that together until it’s smooth.
Finally, whisk in that water + arrowroot slurry and keep whisking until the enchilada sauce thickens.
Now, you’re ready to return the cooked meatballs to the Instant Pot and coat with that delicious keto enchilada sauce!
How to Serve Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs
This is the fun part! Mixing and matching different sides and toppings is my FAVORITE part of eating Tex-Mex food!
To keep it paleo & Whole30:
- Serve over cauliflower rice
- Serve over roasted potatoes
- Top with my Instant Pot Dairy-Free Queso
- Add more fun toppings like sliced avocado or guac, pico de gallo, salsa, chopped red onion, or chopped cilantro
To keep it keto:
- Serve over cauliflower rice
- Top with Instant Pot Dairy-Free Queso (for dairy-free) or load it up with some raw cheddar cheese and organic sour cream
- Add more fun toppings like sliced avocado or guac, pico, salsa, chopped red onion, and chopped cilantro
Nourishing options that aren’t paleo or keto or Whole30:
- Serve over sprouted brown rice or jasmine rice or Spanish rice
- Serve with a side of my Instant Pot Ranchero Beans or Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Black Beans
- Top with raw cheddar and/or sour cream
- Crush some tortilla chips on top for crunch
- Add guac, pico de gallo, salsa, fermented jalapenos, red onion, and/or chopped cilantro
Recipe FAQs & Ingredient Subs
Can I use ground turkey, pork, bison, and/or chicken?
Yes! Any ground meat will work here. If you go with chicken, your meatballs may be a little dry because ground chicken contains virtually no fat. Mixing in another ground meat will help with texture. Please use whatever meat you have!
What can I sub for arrowroot flour?
To keep this recipe paleo and Whole3-friendly, you can sub tapioca starch. If you tolerate corn, an organic, non-GMO corn starch will also work.
Wait… arrowroot flour is high in carbs… Is this recipe keto?
Yes! There are only 2 tablespoons of arrowroot needed for 8 servings of these Keto Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs. When I calculated the nutrition info, there are just under 4 net carbs per serving.
Is this spicy?
It’s not spicy-hot, but it is full of flavor from the spices. You can reduce any of the seasonings if you prefer less spice. Our family loves a cumin-heavy enchilada sauce and lots of chili powder. Feel free to season this recipe to your liking.
Paleo & Keto Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs
Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs
Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Meatballs
Combine the ground meat and spices together in a bowl and mix well.
Use a 1-tablespoon cookie dough scoop to form meatballs.
Place meatballs in the stainless steel insert of the Instant Pot and add 1 cup water or bone broth.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, checking that the seal is in place and the vent is closed. Press the "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" button and adjust the time to 12 minutes on high pressure.
When it beeps, immediately release pressure. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked meatballs to a separate bowl. Leave the cooking liquid in the pot. Make the enchilada sauce.
Paleo & Keto Enchilada Sauce
Press the "Saute" button and bring the cooking liquid from the meatballs to a simmer.
Whisk in the spices and tomato paste, stirring until combined.
Whisk in the water + arrowroot slurry. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens.
Finally, return the cooked meatballs to the Instant Pot and gently stir to coat in the enchilada sauce.
More Healthy Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
- Instant Pot Cilantro Meatballs (paleo, keto, Whole30)
- Keto Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- 10 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
- Paleo Instant Pot Sesame Ginger Pulled Pork
- 35+ Best & Healthiest Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Mexican Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Chowder (paleo, keto, Whole30)
- 50+ Nourishing Keto Instant Pot Dinner Recipes