Grain-Free & Low-Carb Fluffy Belgian Waffles + 4 Savory Ways To Eat Them!
With just 7 ingredients and a quick blender batter prep, you’ve found the fluffiest grain-free and low-carb Belgian waffle recipe out there! These paleo Belgian waffles are delicious with maple syrup, or SURPRISE!, I have 4 yummy, SAVORY ways to eat waffles, too, including taco and pizza waffles!
Sunday mornings in our house are for 3 things…
Sleeping in, snuggling, and waffles!
It’s become a Sunday morning tradition to make a big batch of waffles for everyone to enjoy at their leisure, whenever they happen to wander in to the kitchen.
The Peeps and The Hubs douse their waffles in our homegrown maple syrup. I, on the other hand, am perfectly content with the slight sweetness in the waffles themselves and generously slather mine in grass-fed butter. Yummmmm….
Then one day, I had a strong craving for pizza. And it occurred to me that using my low-carb Belgian waffles as the “crust” might just work.
With my 3-minute pizza sauce, some mozzarella, and nitrate-free pepperoni, my pizza craving was satisfied!
These grain-free, low-carb Belgian waffles are truly versatile and can serve both sweet and savory purposes.
4 Savory Ways To Eat Belgian Waffles!
Should you find yourself in need of pizza or a sandwich, but want to stay low-carb and grain-free, use these waffles as your crust or bread! (Simply omit the sweetener blend and vanilla if you have the foresight to know that you want to use them in this way.)
Pizza: It helps to toast the waffles a bit first, then add pizza sauce and toppings, and then place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.
For a Sandwich: Toast the waffles first, then add the condiments, meats, cheese, and veggies of choice — but be aware, this will be a THICK and very filling sandwich!
Garlic Toast: I successfully used these waffles as garlic toast to accompany a soup, too! Toast them slightly first, then spread with butter. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and dried parsley on top of the butter and bake again until toasted or crisp.
Taco Waffle: (Pictured above) Toast the waffles slightly first. Then spread with a bit of enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until the cheese melts. Add seasoned taco meat and more cheese on top. Bake again. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cilantro or a dollop of sour cream or guac.
Fluffy Grain-Free & Low-Carb Belgian Waffles
With just 7 ingredients and a quick blender batter prep, you've found the fluffiest grain-free and low-carb Belgian waffle recipe out there! These paleo Belgian waffles are delicious with maple syrup, or SURPRISE!, I have 4 yummy, SAVORY ways to eat waffles, too, including taco and pizza waffles!
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews, then add them to a high-powered blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients, in the order listed, to the blender.
- On a BlendTec, press the "Sauce, Dips, & Batters" button. On any other blender, start by blending on low speed, then increase the speed to medium-high, then back down to low.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in to your waffle maker, and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions. I use this non-stick, non-toxic ceramic waffle maker and LOVE it!
- Serve immediately with your favorite low-carb waffle toppings or go crazy and use a bit of maple syrup!
Store in a zip-top bag in the fridge or freezer. Reheat in a toaster, toaster oven, or on a cookie sheet in the oven.
Check out the 4 savory ways to eat waffles below!
More Yummy & Healthy Breakfast Recipes…
- Super Simple, 5-Ingredient Paleo Breakfast Hash (egg-free, dairy-free, Whole30)
- 5-Ingredient Vanilla-Blueberry-Kefir Overnight Oats + 60 MORE No-Cook Breakfast Recipes
- Everything Smoothie (with Vitamin C, greens, protein, probiotics, & more!)
- Keto White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins (grain-free, sugar-free)
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Soaked Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cake
Do you use waffles in savory ways? Have you ever made grain-free or low-carb waffles?
Updated 07.27.2017 & 9.9.2018
What are they? Are they safe? Are they healthy? Which one is best? Give me your e-mail address, and I'll send my Guide To Alternative Sweeteners to you for FREE!