Easy 3-Minute Pizza Sauce (sugar-free!)
I may have mentioned once or twice that I live in the middle of nowhere.
In the middle of nowhere, we have a cute, little, 100-year-old co-op store about four minutes from my house. In fact, I am on the board of directors of this little store.
And one of my objectives as a member of this board is to help introduce and stock organic foods in the store.
In the past few months, we have had some major victories. Our little co-op now carries several organic canned and frozen items, organic salsa, and even grass-fed ground beef and raw cheddar!
One thing we don’t have yet is organic pizza sauce.
And the other canned stuff?? Well, let’s just say that’s where my food snobbery kicks in. 😉
So when my family and I have a hankering for homemade pizza, it’s not like I can send The Hubs to the store to grab a can of pizza sauce. (This is our favorite canned brand — and yes, I pizza sauce is one thing that I’m ok with buying pre-made.)
I do always have organic tomato paste in the pantry, and I can whip up a quick and easy pizza sauce (yeah, in 3 minutes!) that’s pretty darn close to the canned stuff — and a whole lot less expensive too!
Easy, 3-Minute, Sugar-Free Pizza Sauce
Save money and avoid sugar with this super simple 3-minute pizza sauce!
- 1 6- oz can organic tomato paste
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water or bone broth -- pretty cool way to get in some extra broth (right?!)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional -- we like this for adult pizzas with spice!)
- a few cranks of fresh black pepper
- Open the can or jar of tomato paste and scrape it into a small bowl.
- Add water or broth (I use broth) and whisk to thin the paste into a sauce-like consistency.
- I like a thick pizza sauce spread really thinly on the crust. You may like a thin sauce. Simply whisk in the water or broth until the tomato paste is to your desired saucy-ness. 🙂
- Add the herbs and spices and whisk to incorporate.
- That's it!
Makes enough sauce for two or three 10" pizzas.
Now you’ve got homemade pizza sauce in less time than it takes to drive to the store and grab some — and for a whole lot less moolah!
Have you found a sugar-free pizza sauce recipe yet?
7 dinners, 2 desserts, prep steps, & printable shopping list...
All Real Food, all in your Instant Pot!