Slow The Aging Process Naturally: 5 Daily Tips
Today, we’re living longer than ever. The thing is, even as we age, most of us remain young at heart. We just want our faces and bodies to follow suit.
While science works to find cures for longevity diseases, there are also many lifestyle and diet choices you can make to help slow the aging process naturally. You may not be able to choose your genetics, but you can choose how you manage stress, how you move your body, and what foods you eat.
As you age, every cell, tissue, and organ in your body goes through changes. Muscles become weaker, the metabolism slows, and you start to lose a bit of the energy you enjoyed in our youth.
But that doesn’t mean you have to accept all of these changes as inevitable! You can build a foundation for a healthier, and more vibrant version of yourself at any age through simple (yet powerful) lifestyle changes.
5 Ways To Slow The Aging Process Naturally
Focus On A Whole-Food Diet
What you put into your body is at the root of every aspect of your health, and aging is no exception. Highly processed foods, along with environmental toxins and chronic stress, cause free-radical oxidation in the body, which is a large aspect of aging.
However, studies have shown that eating a diet full of antioxidant-rich foods like fruits and vegetables can help combat the fine lines and dull skin that happens with age.
Ensuring your diet includes a variety of plants is the easiest way to get plenty of skin-loving benefits. And be sure to prioritize fruits and vegetables that are colorful! That way, you can be confident you’re getting the highest amount of antioxidants possible in every bite.
Manage Your Stress
Stress is an inevitable part of life and can actually be beneficial, too! Stress initiates your fight-or-flight response and kicks your body into action. Without it, you’d be less motivated to reach your goals or less likely to avoid dangerous situations.
But stress that becomes chronic can age you in ways that you may have never imagined. Beyond the constant frowning that leads to wrinkles, stress can also:
- Cause chronic inflammation — Studies have shown that stress speeds the aging process. Plus, it can contribute to many of the diseases commonly associated with aging.
- Increase your dependency on alcohol, drugs, smoking, and junk food — If you aren’t managing stress, you’re more likely to reach for these types of things as a way to comfort yourself. Unfortunately, these substances come with a whole host of issues of their own.
- Cause gray hair — A recent study published in the journal Nature found that stress causes the stem cells that create melanocytes to vanish. Melanocytes produce melanin, the pigment that gives your hair its color. Without new cells, your hair turns gray.
- Cause hair loss — Chronic stress can also affect how your hair grows. It can lead to a condition called telogen effluvium, which causes hair to fall out.
Your best defense against stress is maintaining good lifestyle habits. Be sure to get plenty of sleep every night, move your body for at least 30 minutes every day, avoid alcohol, spend quality time with people who are important to you, and (as mentioned above) eat a nourishing diet.
Start Strength Training
As you age, not only does your metabolism slow but you also start to lose lean muscle mass. This means you’re more likely to gain weight as you age and have a harder time losing it.
Luckily, incorporating strength training regularly (just two or three days per week!) can slow the aging process by helping you regain lost muscle — which naturally declines as you age.
Plus, it can keep your memory sharp, speed your metabolism, preserve bone density, strengthen your bladder, and generally help you look younger and trimmer.
Nourish Your Gut
Gas, bloating, heartburn, constipation, diarrhea. You probably know the signs of an imbalanced gut. But did you know that your gut microbiota changes as you age? Keeping your gut microbiome balanced is crucial to aging since a healthy microbiome is necessary to extract the nutrients from the food you eat to help you age gracefully.
So how can you help make your gut healthier?
- Avoid taking antibiotics unnecessarily. Antibiotics can dramatically alter the amount and type of bacteria in the gut.
- Eliminate processed foods from your diet. Those fast-food favorites cause inflammation and weaken your immune system — particularly as we age.
- Eat less sugar. Too much sugar in your diet only serves to feed bad bacteria and yeast. As a result, you’ll feel sluggish and tired — and your immune system will suffer.
- Supplement with high quality prebiotics and probiotics. Probiotics help supplement the healthy bacteria in your gut to maintain the proper balance. Prebiotics help keep that bacteria fed so they’re healthy and strong. *
Slow The Aging Process Naturally And Feel More Vibrant Every Day
While the above tips can seem easy at first glance, it’s not uncommon to find it a bit more difficult in practice. If you’re struggling to get in all the fruits and vegetables you need every day, or if you just want to give your body an energizing boost of antioxidants, probiotics, and prebiotics, a delicious green superfood blend might be the answer you’re looking for!
Earth Echo’s Island Bliss is a tasty, organic green superfood blend that contains energy boosting antioxidants, minerals, and phytonutrients. Here’s what you get in every scoop:
- A blend of 12 different superfoods and veggies to support energy levels and metabolism.*
- A blend of high-quality antioxidants to promote healthy aging, cardiovascular health, and carbohydrate metabolism.*
- A multi-mineral complex derived from the red marine algae that contains calcium as well as other trace minerals to boost overall health and vitality.*
- A prebiotic/probiotic blend that contains up to five billion CFU of beneficial bacteria to help support optimal weight management.*
- A powerful blend of over 18 ingredients, including CoffeeBerry® and pomegranate extract, plus organic acai for a natural source of energy.*
- A quality source of organic turmeric to help support an active lifestyle by promoting a natural inflammation response.*
Island Bliss can help you realize your full potential — at any age — by supporting gut health, mood, and metabolism. Plus, it actually tastes amazing when mixed with just water! Click the link below to learn all about this truly delicious green drink!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.