Quick And Easy Ways To Destress Naturally
Life can sure throw the occasional curve ball, can’t it? When that happens, it’s important to take a moment and find ways to destress naturally in order to revitalize your body, mind, and spirit.
Destressing techniques do not need to be complicated. But they should boost your energy and improve your focus. So, if you’re feeling overwhelmed and unable to relax try these quick, easy, and natural ways to bring calmness back into your day.
Easy Ways To Destress Naturally (And Quickly!)
Move to the groove
Turn up the tunes and move that body! Even better, sing at the top of your lungs. Listening to your favorite type of music has a positive impact on your body’s stress response. Feeling silly dancing alone? Then how about doing some jumping jacks, pushups, or just running in place for 30 seconds?
Indulge in a little retail therapy
What? Is shopping even allowed when you’re stressed? Absolutely! It’s called retail therapy. Research suggests there’s actually a lot of calming value to buying yourself a little something special. So long as you’re shopping in moderation, that is. Apparently deciding what to buy can also help make you feel more in control over your environment. Plus, it can ease feelings of sadness.
Try a little grounding
Need a little distraction – try grounding. Grounding is an easy and quick technique to help you turn your focus away from distressing thoughts. Grounding uses your senses to help you move through stress. Here are some examples of grounding:
- Let water run over your hands — Allow cold, and then warm water to run over your hands. Experience the sensations.
- Touch items near you — Are they hard or soft? Focus on the texture and color of each item.
- Savor your food — Take small bites. Let the flavor linger and think about how your food tastes and smells.
Walk barefoot in nature
If you’re all about being barefoot in the summer, then this one’s for you. Even if walking barefoot isn’t your thing, this might change your mind. Manage your stress naturally by using a technique called earthing.
Earthing involves having direct contact with the earth and taking advantage of the earth’s subtle electrical charge. This provides a wide range of benefits such as improving your mood, boosting energy, and helping you sleep better. Simply walk barefoot on the grass or beach, or sit with your feet directly on the ground. The earth’s electrons travel through the soles of your feet and can help your body heal and rebalance itself.
Cuddle with your pet
Everyone needs to cuddle. And what better way to destress than cuddling with your fur-baby. Cuddling actually stimulates the release of dopamine and serotonin. This helps relieve stress and may even make you feel happier. When you need to destress, hold and stroke your pet. You’ll experience a calming effect that helps you stay focused on the present moment.
Try a little belly breathing
Deep breathing exercises are powerful and work quickly to destress your body. Here’s an easy breathing technique called belly breathing.
- Place your one hand on your chest and another on your belly.
- Close your eyes and mouth.
- Now, inhale deeply through your nose, counting to four. Make sure your abdomen is expanding and not your chest.
- Exhale slowly through your mouth for another count of four.
- Repeat until you feel calm again.
Stretch your body
Stretching not only increases flexibility, range of motion, and blood flow, but can also help reduce stress. In fact, research tells us that stretching actually increases serotonin, the hormone that helps keep you calm and improves mood.
Start gently. Hold your stretches for about 15 to 30 seconds. Eventually increase your stretch time to 60-seconds per position. But just make sure to listen to our body. Stretching should be soothing, not painful.
Ditch the coffee and choose Cacao instead
Grabbing a cup of coffee when you’re stressed may seem like a good solution. Sure it can temporarily boost your mood. But too much caffeine and suddenly you’re experiencing a crash that causes more stress.
That’s because caffeine increases levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, in the body. And in addition to potentially adding to your feelings of stress, high levels of cortisol in the body can also lead to weight gain or other health concerns.
Raw cacao, on the other hand, is an excellent alternative to coffee. It contains a “bliss” molecule that can stimulate happy and pleasurable feelings almost instantly when you’re stressed.
Organic Cacao Bliss can help keep you stress-free all day!
Earth Echo’s Cacao Bliss is a decadent, chocolatey superfood blend using raw, ceremonial-grade cacao that boosts energy and mental clarity naturally, without any nasty side-effects. In addition, it helps you maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and a healthy inflammatory response. *
Mix up a mug or glass for a quick healthy drink to help satisfy your chocolate fix and lift your funk! Or, substitute Cacao Bliss into your favorite baking recipe for a healthy treat.
Indulge in health-boosting superfoods
Nature is a wonderful thing! It provides us with superfoods that can naturally calm the body, mind and spirit. For instance:
- Turmeric, the golden spice used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine, helps soothe occasional stress and anxiety. It also helps fight temporary inflammation related to physical exercise, improves digestion, and dissolves stubborn fat! Just make sure to maximize turmeric’s bioavailability by adding a pinch of black pepper to your dose. *
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that can help balance stress and reduce cortisol by up to 28 percent. And when used regularly, will help improve the quality of your sleep. *
- Mushroom blends like Lion’s Mane, Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake can help you destress by calming the nerves, reducing anxiety and boosting mood. They also support a healthy inflammatory response, boost fat loss and help combat cravings and hunger. *
Golden Superfood Bliss contains 12 powerful organic superfoods
When life stresses you out, Earth Echo’s Golden Superfood Bliss can help soothe your stress and anxiety naturally. Twelve superfood ingredients make this delicious elixir one the most powerful of its kind. With ingredients like:
- Turmeric to help soothe anxiety and stress, and ease temporary inflammation.*
- Ashwagandha for stress and cortisol reduction — plus a better night’s sleep.*
- Four synergistic mushrooms — Lion’s Mane, Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake — to fight anxiety, weight gain, and a reduced libido.*
Cacao Bliss and Golden Superfood Bliss can help bring calmness back into your hectic day so you can sit back, kick your feet up, and indulge. Click below and check out all of Earth Echo’s health supporting superfood blends.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.