Faster than brewing coffee or steeping tea, I just know you’re going to love this just-add-water Instant Paleo Golden Milk as much as I do. It’s easy, fast, and has keto and vegan options, too!
Not many great things in life are instant…
Especially in this Real Food lifestyle where we choose (sometimes grudgingly) to make most things from scratch. And many of us go a step or two further and incorporate more time-consuming practices, like soaking, sprouting, sourdough, and fermenting into our lifestyles.
Those things are anything BUT instant!
Still, we experience better health, often even complete turn-arounds in our bodies or our children’s health, that it’s ALL worth it!
Even with all the extra work, extra time, and yep, extra money, I will never, ever, ever regret transitioning our family to whole, nutrient-dense foods almost a decade ago.
Instant, Nourishing Ingredients
Not many nourishing foods are instant — unless you count peeling a banana or drinking raw milk straight from the cow. 😉 Those foods are about as instant as you can get.
If you think about it, ground spices and dried herbs are instant foods. Over 100 years ago, our great-great-grandmothers would’ve had to grind their spices by hand and grow, then dry, their own herbs. (Many of us DO grow and dry our herbs, still.)
I’m always on the hunt for ingredients that are both nourishing and time-saving.
When “time-saving” translates to “instant” — without compromising quality or nutrient-density, of course — well, all the better!
So, when I discovered coconut milk powder, you can imagine I was pretty stoked.
All About Coconut Milk Powder
Just as powdered milk is mixed with water to make milk, so it is with coconut milk powder. Although, I don’t believe for a minute that powdered milk is a Real Food. Milk comes out of the cow as a liquid, and so it must undergo some heavy processing to be powdered.
Coconut milk, however, is easily dried and ground up to make coconut milk powder.
- dehydrated coconut milk (97%)
- tapioca-derived maltodextrin (necessary for emulsifying)
- acacia fiber
- Save 10% on Wildly Organic Coconut Milk Powder with my readers-only discount code ALLTHETHINGS!
- dehydrated coconut milk
- tapioca-derived maltodextrin (necessary for emulsifying)
- Azure’s coconut milk powder is the less expensive option, however the disadvantage is that Azure ships just once a month, where as you can order and receive products from Wildly Organic any time.
I think coconut milk powder has some advantages over using canned or even homemade coconut milk.
- takes up less space in your pantry than an equal amount of canned coconut milk
- shelf stable, unlike homemade or store-bought coconut milks
- cleaner ingredients than store-bought coconut milks
- it’s a great back-up if you run out of canned coconut milk
- no separation like canned coconut milk
- you control how thick or thin your coconut milk is
How to use coconut milk powder?
- mix with hot water and stir!
- use it as a base for curries and sauces and in any recipe where you’d use canned coconut milk
- add it to smoothies and shakes with water instead of using canned or store-bought
- add it to your coffee for a dairy-free creamer
- drink it plain
- use it as the base for a dairy-free hot cocoa mix
- take it camping or backpacking — much less weight!
- make this Instant Paleo Golden Milk!! 🙂 🙂
Be aware! Some coconut milk powders contain sodium caseinate (casein = milk protein) and aren’t truly dairy-free. This is another reason why I only recommend the 2 brands above.
How To Make Instant Paleo Golden Milk
Y’all, I’ve been making 2 of these a day some days! Instant Paleo Golden Milk is quick, convenient, and has so many nourishing benefits.
It’s literally as easy as: add the ingredients to your favorite mug, add hot water, and whisk!
First, I add the dry ingredients: coconut milk powder, ground turmeric and cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
When you add the dry ingredients first, you make it easier to whisk all of the ingredients together because the wet ingredients sit on top of the dry ingredients.
Next, add some raw honey, MCT oil, and vanilla.
While MCT oil is optional, it’s highly recommended. Not only does it add energy-boosting fat to this paleo golden milk, it also makes it more latte-like (translation: thicker and creamier!).
Save 10% on my favorite MCT oil with my coupon code ALLTHETHINGS.
MCT oil isn’t just for “Bulletproof” coffee y’all. I’ve got over 40 MCT oil recipes that aren’t Bulletproof coffee to prove it right here.
Keto & Vegan Options:
If you’re keto or vegan, you can totally swap out the raw honey with your favorite keto-friendly/vegan-friendly sweetener.
Next, add just-boiled water. Just pour it straight into your mug.
Since we’re all about “instant” here, I can’t recommend my ceramic electric tea kettle enough! It totally boils water faster than using the stove!
Made with lead-free ceramic, it’s also a safe option and less breakable than glass.
My best friend Meghan gifted this tea kettle to me a couple of years ago, and I literally use it multiple times daily!
I love my little milk frother so much. It whisks everything totally smooth and does a much better job of emulsifying fats like MCT oil into my drinks than hand-whisking.
It’s the perfect size for a single-serve, too. You can find the milk frother I use at IKEA for less than $4. Amazon has a higher quality milk frother for just a bit more, if you don’t have an IKEA near you.
I started making Instant Paleo Golden Milk a few weeks ago when I wanted a change from my usual morning hot tea. It’s so cozy and has awesome anti-inflammatory benefits for my body!
Faster than brewing coffee or steeping tea, I just know you’re going to love this just-add-water Instant Paleo Golden Milk as much as I do. 😉
P.S. If you’re more of a savory drink person, you’ll love my Instant Turmeric Bone Broth Latte, too!
Instant Paleo Golden Milk -- Just Add Water! (with keto & vegan options)
Faster than brewing coffee or steeping tea, I just know you're going to love this just-add-water Instant Paleo Golden Milk as much as I do. It's easy, fast, and has keto and vegan options, too!
Add the coconut milk powder, turmeric, cinnamon, sweetener of choice, MCT oil (if using), salt, and vanilla to a large mug.
Pour just-boiled water into the mug to fill.
Use a milk frother to vigorously mix together and emulsify.
More Hot & Cold Nourishing Drink Recipes You’ll Love…
- Instant Turmeric Bone Broth Latte (paleo, keto Whole30)
- Ginger & Turmeric Kombucha
- Matcha-Moringa White Hot Cocoa (keto, vegan, paleo)
- 3-Ingredient Healthy Peach Slushie (low-carb, paleo, vegan)
- Green Hippie Juice with MCT & CBD Oils